Research has shown that when parents are involved in their children’s education, children will do better.
- NPC is a national organisation that supports parental involvement in children’s education.
- NPC is the representative organisation for parents of children in primary education, as stated in the Education Act 1998.
Your Parent Association
- Networking – when your parent association becomes a member of the NPC, you join an ever increasing national network of parents and parents associations.
- Having your say – policies developed by NPC members are crucial in the development of submissions to the Department of Education and Skills and other relevant organisations.
- Access to information – ‘Working Effectively as a Parent Association’ available to all NPC members, contains information and guidance on the establishment and smooth running of a parent association.
- Being prepared – You will be notified directly of all new and existing NPC training opportunities for all parents as they arise. There are reduced rates for training registration for all NPC members.
- Being included – there may be parents from your parent association who would like to join one of our Special Interest Groups to ensure their children are represented.
- Being protected – Your parent association will be eligible to receive a reducation in parnt association insurance if a member of NPC.
- Whole School Evaluation (WSE)- when the Inspectorate goes to your school to carry out a WSE, they will consult with the parent association if members of the NPC.
- The NPC website www.npc.ie will keep you up to date on issues of importance in primary education in Ireland.